March 22nd, 2010
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Intelligently discuss the various arguments for the existence of God.
- Recognize and refute the various arguments against the existence of God.
- Be familiar with basic Theology.
- Be familiar with basic hermeneutical principles.
- Based upon the electives chosen, the student will also have a working knowledge of various world religions, cults, philosophy of religion, and Christian ethics.
Required Courses (6):
- Theology I
- Theology II
- Modern Religious Cults
- Introduction to Apologetics
- Advanced Apologetics
Elective Courses (choose 4):
- Introduction to Christian Ethics
- New Age and the Occult
- World Religions
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion
- Roman Catholicism
- Theology Proper
Each course has both required and optional textbooks. It is the student’s responsibility to acquire the textbooks and read them. The Institute does not supply textbooks, however books by Dr. Fernandes are available for sale through the Institute or Amazon.com.
Each lecture requires 1 to 3 pages of written notes for instructor review and 1 to 2 pages per textbook. Each course’s reading and writing requirements are worked out between the course mentor and the student. In all things the mentor has the final say.
- A: 100% – 91%
- B: 90% – 81%
- C: 80% – 71%
- D: 70% – 61%
- Fail: 60% – 0%
Papers and tests will vary based on the instructor’s style. Some instructors may use mid-term and final and others simply a final.
Fees and Registration:
Financial Information for Resident Students (Seattle-Bremerton, WA area only)
- 1 year program
- $75.00 per course ($750.00 for entire program). This covers the cost of facilities, grading and program administration.
- 10 courses to complete certificate program
- Payment Plan – $75.00 per month for 12 months; payments are due on the 15th of the month with a 3 day grace period.
- $10.00 application fee, plus $25.00 graduation fee
- All classes are in the evening
Financial Information for Correspondence Students
- 1 to 2 year program
- $75.00 per course for downloaded lectures ($750 for entire program)
- $100.00 per course for mailed course audio cassette tapes, audio CD’s or mp3 CD’s ($1,000.00 for entire program)
- Correspondence Payment Plan- Each course must be paid prior to course credit offered or next course materials shipped if applicable.
- $10 application fee, plus $25.00 graduation fee
- No certificate is issued until tuition has been paid for in full. Payment is in US Dollars and can be by check (US), bank draft, money order or by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express) or by PayPal.
Information and Enrollment:
This description of the Certificate in Christian Apologetics program has been designed to be as thorough as possible and contains all basic information a prospective student should know. However if you have any detailed questions about any aspect of this program, please contact us with your specific questions.
Note: Filling out this form means you are ENROLLING. If that is not your intention, do NOT fill out this form. Click the “contact us” link above to request information.
To enroll in the Certificate of Christian Apologetics program please fill out the following form:
All enrollment requests will be processed as soon as received. When this form is received an official application will be mailed to the prospective student. The student will then fill out, sign and date form. The form will specify which electives the student wants to take, establish the payment options and establish the enrollment date and expected program completion date. After completion of the application, the prospective student will mail the application along with the enrollment fee back to the Institute. After review and approval, a confirmation will be sent and the program will begin.