April 10th, 2009
Dr. Phil Fernandes, President
Dr. Fernandes holds the following degrees:
- Ph.D. in Philosophy of Religion degree from Greenwich University
- Master of Arts in Religion degree from Liberty University
- Bachelor of Theology Degree from Columbia Evangelical Seminary.
He has authored 6 books:
- Contend Earnestly for the Faith
- God, Government, and the Road to Tyranny
- The God Who Sits Enthroned: Evidence for God’s Existence
- No Other Gods: A Defense of Biblical Christianity
- Theism Vs. Atheism: The Internet Debate
- The Decay of a Nation
He is a member of the following professional societies:
- The Evangelical Philosophical Society
- The Evangelical Theological Society
- The Society of Christian Philosophers
- International Society of Christian Apologetics
He has lectured and debated on college campuses including:
- University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill)
- University of Washington.
He has debated some of America’s leading atheist thinkers such as:
- Dr. Michael Martin (Professor of Philosophy, Boston University)
- Dan Barker
- Jeff Lowder
- Elliot Ratzman.
Matt Coombe, Professor of Philosophy
He has earned an M.A. in philosophy of religion and ethics at Talbot School of Theology and a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies at Liberty University.
Gary Tronson – Professor of Theology
He is the pastor of discipleship for Trinity Bible Fellowship and professor of Bible and Apologetics for the Institute of Biblical Defense.
He holds a Bachelor of Theology degree from Columbia Evangelical Seminary and is currently working on a Master of Arts in Theological Studies degree through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.
Kurt Rinear – Researcher
He is a researcher with the Institute of Biblical Defense and teaches Bible studies for Trinity Bible Fellowship. He is also the former producer of the talk radio show “The Christian World View” that aired for two years on KGNW in Seattle.
Eric Stenerson, Professor of Cults and New Religions
He is currently working on a Master of Religious Studies degree with Columbia Evangelical Seminary. He also holds a Master of Biblical Studies degree from Trinity School of Theology and Apologetics.
John McCarthy – Chaplain
He is the assistant pastor and praise and worship leader for Trinity Bible Fellowship. He is also a student of the Institute of Biblical Defense and serves as its chaplain.
Matt Weeden, Researcher
He is a researcher with the Institute of Biblical Defense and is completing his B. A. in Religion through Liberty University.
Ron Kukhan, Researcher
He is a student of the Institute of Biblical Defense and one of its researchers, specializing in evangelism and apologetics.